Saturday, November 1, 2008

I'm back...

For those of you readers who were with me at my old "Duty in the Desert" milblog, it's good to be back after my "leave of absence".

Since my last post life has been turned upside down and changed course. Things began to spin with an announcement by my then-wife that she wanted a divorce after 16 years of marriage and moving wherever the Air Force produced orders to. However, with the assistance of my family, friends, fellow Air Force buddies, and leadership in my chain of command, I was able to move on with my life and find new happiness (and love again).

Although my precious cargo (3 children) have been affected by my divorce and had to deal with circumstances none of them deserved, caused, or can completely understand, I feel blessed to have them aboard on my life's continued flight path. I could not have rolled wings level and made it through the difficulties of my unexpected divorce without their unconditional love and support.

With prodding from a friend in my unit I began to date again after 18 years. It was during this time that someone very special came into my life. Someone that due to our long distance and ocean between us, should not have even appeared on my SKE radar scope. But with the precision of C-130 navigator using celestial navigation, all of the stars in my life were aligned and I found love again.

Wings level.

No comments: